Thursday 22 March 2012

Connect to MSDE

I have confirmed that MSDE is running on a workstation.
However, when I attempt to add it in EM, it doesn't
exist. Is there any changes I have to make on that
workstation running MSDE so that I can access it via EM ?
Besides, I have made a copy of the MDF file. We just want
to find out what is stored in the database. Is it
possible for us to access the data directly with Access
ADP or we have to attach it to another SQL Server ?
ThanksHi,
I. You can very well register and access MSDE using EM. Try identify the SQl
server name by reading the SQL Server Error log and
use the same name to register in EM.
II. You need to attach the MDF and LDF file into a SQL Server by giving
Database name using SP_ATTACH_DB command. After that
you could access the database to read/write the data
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"Peter" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:093101c53fd0$62593c90$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
>I have confirmed that MSDE is running on a workstation.
> However, when I attempt to add it in EM, it doesn't
> exist. Is there any changes I have to make on that
> workstation running MSDE so that I can access it via EM ?
> Besides, I have made a copy of the MDF file. We just want
> to find out what is stored in the database. Is it
> possible for us to access the data directly with Access
> ADP or we have to attach it to another SQL Server ?
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment