Thursday 22 March 2012

connect to different SQL via SP

I have three locations: SQL1, SQL2 and SQL3. SQL1 is a Developers Edition on
my local workstation. SQL2 is out on the internet, remote from SQL3 which is
also out there on the internet. Currently, I have a DTS on SQL1 that copies
data from SQL3 over to SQL2. Problem: I would like to get this on a
schedule. I don't want to schedule it on my SQL1 machine and I'm not allowed
DTS packages on SQL2 and SQL3 because they are on shared plans. That leaves
me with scheduling SPs through the use of ASP pages.
Is it possible to transfer data between SQL2 and SQL3 in an SP?
thanks!shank
Have you looked at linked servers? For more details please refer to the BOL
"shank" <shank@.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:%230vAUpgIGHA.1124@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have three locations: SQL1, SQL2 and SQL3. SQL1 is a Developers Edition
>on my local workstation. SQL2 is out on the internet, remote from SQL3
>which is also out there on the internet. Currently, I have a DTS on SQL1
>that copies data from SQL3 over to SQL2. Problem: I would like to get this
>on a schedule. I don't want to schedule it on my SQL1 machine and I'm not
>allowed DTS packages on SQL2 and SQL3 because they are on shared plans.
>That leaves me with scheduling SPs through the use of ASP pages.
> Is it possible to transfer data between SQL2 and SQL3 in an SP?
> thanks!
>|||I have just been advised by our webhost that they do not allow Linked
Servers due to security issues.
Is there another way to connect through an SP?
In short, I need to automate transfer of data from SQL3 to SQL2 without
Linked Servers or DTS packages.
thanks!
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:uEltjujIGHA.3176@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> shank
> Have you looked at linked servers? For more details please refer to the
> BOL
> "shank" <shank@.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:%230vAUpgIGHA.1124@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment