Tuesday 27 March 2012

Connect to SQL 2005 from VB 6.0 with Ured ID and Passwoed

I am trying to connect to a SQL 2005 Database from VB 6.0. If I use windows
log on all works well. If I try to use SQL server logon I always get this
error:
(Login failed for user '<LoginName>'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection)
I have setup many users in the Server security section and in my database
user section. All have full rights but still cannot log on. The Server is
set up in dual mode Windows and SQL
The SQL 2005 is running on Windows XP pro, not a server.
Thanks,
Bob Hiller
> I am trying to connect to a SQL 2005 Database from VB 6.0. If I use
> windows
> log on all works well. If I try to use SQL server logon I always get
> this
> error:
> (Login failed for user '<LoginName>'. Reason: Not associated with a
> trusted
> SQL Server connection)
> I have setup many users in the Server security section and in my
> database
> user section. All have full rights but still cannot log on. The Server
> is
> set up in dual mode Windows and SQL
> The SQL 2005 is running on Windows XP pro, not a server.
May you post the full connectionstring you are using?
PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci
www.pbsoft.it
skype: pbsoftsolution
sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment