Thursday 22 March 2012

Connect to DB2 in a stored procedure

Hi
I read data from a DB2 database on an IBM mainframe through ODBC and
transfer it to a dabase on our SQL Server. Everything is done using a DTS an
d
it works fine. For serveral resons I would like to implement a stored
procedure doing the same task. Does anybody know how to solve this? Speciall
y
the connection to the IBM mainframe is a bog question mark to me.
Any help appreciated.
ReneMe again!
I found some information about linked server which might help. But how do I
set up a linked server to DB2? Can someone give me an example?
Regards
Rene
"René" wrote:

> Hi
> I read data from a DB2 database on an IBM mainframe through ODBC and
> transfer it to a dabase on our SQL Server. Everything is done using a DTS
and
> it works fine. For serveral resons I would like to implement a stored
> procedure doing the same task. Does anybody know how to solve this? Specia
lly
> the connection to the IBM mainframe is a bog question mark to me.
> Any help appreciated.
> Rene|||You can find an example in Books Online. From the index,
search on Linked Servers. Select the Access DB2 Database
subtopic.
-Sue
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 04:33:05 -0700, "Ren"
<Ren@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
>Me again!
>I found some information about linked server which might help. But how do I
>set up a linked server to DB2? Can someone give me an example?
>Regards
>Rene
>"Ren" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment