Thursday 22 March 2012

Connect to DB2 using SQL-Server

Hello there
I have SQL 7 and ODBC-Client access to connect to DB2 (AS400). I can connect
to the DB2 database using the ODBC and VB without problems but now I want t
o use the sp_addlinkedserver to link the DB2 to my SQL database using the OD
BC. Does anybody know what
parameters I have to use and what are the values to link the DB2 to my datab
ase?.
I will appreciate any help because I've navigated for the internet looking f
or this information without luck.
regards
osotoIf you install Client Access on the server, it will install
the drivers and providers for the AS400 on the SQL Server
box so that you can use linked servers. For data source,
use the IP address of the AS400. For provider string, you
need to include the library you are using, connect timeout
setting and code page. There is some documentation for the
settings in the Client Access help files.
You can also use the OLE DB provider and follow the similar
example on books online for "OLE DB Provider for DB2"
You'd want to change the provider to IBMDA400
and set @.provstr somewhat like:
InitCat=YourLibrary;CCSID=37;PCCodePage=
1252;
Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Settings will depend on how your AS400 is configured. Again,
the Client Access help files have information on the
necessary connection string settings.
-Sue
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:26:07 -0800, "osoto"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello there
>I have SQL 7 and ODBC-Client access to connect to DB2 (AS400). I can connect to the
DB2 database using the ODBC and VB without problems but now I want to use the sp_ad
dlinkedserver to link the DB2 to my SQL database using the ODBC. Does anybody know w
hat
parameters I have to use and what are the values to link the DB2 to my database?.kred">
>I will appreciate any help because I've navigated for the internet looking
for this information without luck.
>regards
>osoto
>sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment