Thursday 22 March 2012

Connect to Network SQL2k5 Database - ERROR

Hi,
eh! Finally I installed SQL 2005 yesterday. I have SQL 2000 also installed
on the same machine. When I started Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
and tried to connect to another database running SQL 2005 using Windows
Authentication, I got following error.
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
--
Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation failed
because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with
IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the followin
g
error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002
(E_NOINTERFACE)). (Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop)
Although, this error does not affect connection to the database. It connects
successfully and I am able to perform other stuff too. Just curious, why
this error is coming.
Any ideas why am I getting this kind of error.
Regards,
AtulLooks like you have problem with Visual Studio. Try to connect your database
from visual studio. Might be your installation file is corrupt or improper
installation.
--
Thanks,
Sree
[Please specify the version of Sql Server as we can save one thread and
time
asking back if its 2000 or 2005]
"Atul" wrote:

> Hi,
> eh! Finally I installed SQL 2005 yesterday. I have SQL 2000 also installed
> on the same machine. When I started Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
> and tried to connect to another database running SQL 2005 using Windows
> Authentication, I got following error.
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
> --
> Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type
> 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation fail
ed
> because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface wit
h
> IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the follow
ing
> error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002
> (E_NOINTERFACE)). (Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop)
> --
> Although, this error does not affect connection to the database. It connec
ts
> successfully and I am able to perform other stuff too. Just curious, why
> this error is coming.
> Any ideas why am I getting this kind of error.
> Regards,
> Atul
>
>|||While installing SQL 2005, I did not give DataBase Instance name. Now when I
try to connect to local SQL 2005 database (I dont know where the MDF files
have been created for the same), it fails to connect, instead it connects to
SQL 2000 Database server.
This is another problem I am facing.
"Sreejith G" <SreejithG@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4F2D2233-BDDE-47FB-BB1C-7ED76E1D3359@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Looks like you have problem with Visual Studio. Try to connect your
> database
> from visual studio. Might be your installation file is corrupt or improper
> installation.
> --
> Thanks,
> Sree
> [Please specify the version of Sql Server as we can save one thread an
d
> time
> asking back if its 2000 or 2005]
>
> "Atul" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment