Sunday 25 March 2012

Connect to remote SQL Server from local Web App

I have a SQL Server 2005 instance which resides on a dedicated server hosted by a third party. I am able to connect to this server through my local SQL Management Studio, however, my local ASP.NET 2.0 web application cannot connect. I get the error below. The connection string I use is formatted as...

Connection String:

Server=thesever;uid=myuserid;pwd=mypassword;database=mydatabase

Error:

Failed to connect to database: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

The hosting providr claims that the SQL Server configuration settings are as they should be as fars as TCP/IP and Named Pipes are concerned. Does anyone know what might be going on?

I believe I have found the problem. There was a problem creating the proper conneciton string.sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment