Tuesday 27 March 2012

Connect to SQL 2005 in Eclipse

I am trying to connect to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 through a program I am
writing in Eclipse and am having problems getting connected. I have already
created a database in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and am trying to access that
database without having to get open the server. I have also downloaded the
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver. I have looked up several suggested
methods for connection and none of them have worked so far. I have recieved
several different errors for the different methods I have tried to use to
connect. I am unsure of what to do next.
Some of these errors are:
The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect
The connection to the named instance has failed. Error:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out.
The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.UnknownHostException
I am willing to try any other suggestions.
Thank youI have figured out where my problem was. Thanks anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment