Sunday 25 March 2012

Connect to remote analisys services 2000?

Hello, my ISP installed analisys services 2000 on the same server they have sql server 2000. They got lots of databases and installed it because I need it.

Anyway with analisys manager I try to regiser the server and I cant.

What do I need to configure on my machine and what else do they need to configure on their server? Do they need to send me some information besides the IP address?

This is the error:

error a conectar a server.dominio.com
no se puede abrir la conexion a server.dominio.com
error de red server.dominio.com

Analysis Services AS2k only works with NT authentication. The only way I know to make this work if your remote workstation and the server are in different domains is to set up matching local users.

Your ISP would need to set up a local user on the server and put that user in the OLAP Administrators group. You would then need to create a local user on your workstation with the same username and password and login using that user (or you might be able to use "Run As..." if you are using WinXP)

You will also need to make sure you have the same Analysis Services service pack on your workstation as is on the server, because Analysis Manager from one service pack often cannot talk to a server with a different service pack.

HTH

Regards
Darren
http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell|||He is right. I get the same problem and this solution help me ;)

Regards,

Thiago
http://www.tritech.com.br

No comments:

Post a Comment