Sunday 25 March 2012

Connect to REMOTE SQL server

Hello!
I have a SQL server standard Edition installed in a Server, and the other
( Standard Edition - but only client tool) installed in a Client (using
Windows XP). Please tell me how to connect from Client computer to Server(
in local network) , When I was trying to connect, it could not connect and
return a message:" Can not found server. ConnectionOpen(Connect())"
Pls help me!
Thanks in advance!Hi,
This error can come in below situations:-
1. SQL Server is down
2. Your client network issues. Try a ping to server and check the network
connection
3. Providing wrong SQL server name.
If all the above is OK, then create a ALIAS server name using the CLient
network utility specifying protocol as TCIP , IP address , port number.
After that try to connect using that ALIAS name.
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"Chi Pheo" <chipheo2k@.mail.ru> wrote in message
news:e0oYy44vEHA.824@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello!
> I have a SQL server standard Edition installed in a Server, and the other
> ( Standard Edition - but only client tool) installed in a Client (using
> Windows XP). Please tell me how to connect from Client computer to Server(
> in local network) , When I was trying to connect, it could not connect and
> return a message:" Can not found server. ConnectionOpen(Connect())"
> Pls help me!
> Thanks in advance!
>|||Hi, Thanks so much!
But nothing better.
My SQL Server is installed in a Computer with Win 2000 server , to access to
this Computer (in local network) I must log in as Administrator (means that,
when i use Windows Explorer, and type the IP address as 172.16.18.6, it
requires to enter user name, and i type Administrator). So I don't know if
it prevents us to connect to SQL server or not'
I tried to test by Ping 172.16.18.6, it's OK. I openned CLient Network
utility and in TCP/IP, I type Alias MyServer, IP: 172.16.18.6 and port 1433.
But when I connect as "sa", it shows: login failed for 'sa'. Not associated
with a trusted SQL server connection.
Thanks for all your helps!
"Hari Prasad" <hari_prasad_k@.hotmail.com> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:uCmhJq6vEHA.4028@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> This error can come in below situations:-
> 1. SQL Server is down
> 2. Your client network issues. Try a ping to server and check the network
> connection
> 3. Providing wrong SQL server name.
> If all the above is OK, then create a ALIAS server name using the CLient
> network utility specifying protocol as TCIP , IP address , port number.
> After that try to connect using that ALIAS name.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Hari
> SQL Server MVP
>
> "Chi Pheo" <chipheo2k@.mail.ru> wrote in message
> news:e0oYy44vEHA.824@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Hello!
> > I have a SQL server standard Edition installed in a Server, and the
other
> > ( Standard Edition - but only client tool) installed in a Client (using
> > Windows XP). Please tell me how to connect from Client computer to
Server(
> > in local network) , When I was trying to connect, it could not connect
and
> > return a message:" Can not found server. ConnectionOpen(Connect())"
> > Pls help me!
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> >
>sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment