Saturday 25 February 2012

Confused

I have VB. NET
I want to build SQL databases on my own PC using VB and
MSDE.
No matter how many ways I install it or passwords I use,
I just cannot get read/write access from witihn VB. I
have upsized the Northwind.mdb.
There seems to be a multidude or service packs for MSDE
and numerous ways of entering passwords.
Could osmeone please just give me a setp by step account
of installing MSDE (with all relevant switches and
passwords), getting a SQL instance on MSDE running and
visible on the manager, upsizing the access database
(with all relevant passwords - what the hell is a trusted
connection?), and then be able to create a view from the
Server Explorer in .NET.
I've been slaving over this for the past two days and
it's driving me nuts. Please help maintain my sanity.
Thanks
Guy
hi Guy,
"Guy" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:0ae801c4d89a$9e2c19b0$a401280a@.phx.gbl
> I have VB. NET
> I want to build SQL databases on my own PC using VB and
> MSDE.
> No matter how many ways I install it or passwords I use,
> I just cannot get read/write access from witihn VB. I
> have upsized the Northwind.mdb.
> There seems to be a multidude or service packs for MSDE
> and numerous ways of entering passwords.
> Could osmeone please just give me a setp by step account
> of installing MSDE (with all relevant switches and
> passwords), getting a SQL instance on MSDE running and
> visible on the manager, upsizing the access database
> (with all relevant passwords - what the hell is a trusted
> connection?), and then be able to create a view from the
> Server Explorer in .NET.
> I've been slaving over this for the past two days and
> it's driving me nuts. Please help maintain my sanity.
in order to create new objects the Windows NT login you are using when
connecting with trusted authentication must be member of the ddl_admin fixed
database role, please have a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...urity_6ndx.asp
for further info
as about authentication, I do think you have to understand the security
approach of SQL Server, and you can start reading at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...urity_47u6.asp
this is the first phase of the 2 levels security system of SQL Server...
again, the 1st phase is validating login to the server..
the second phase regards a database security implementation... in order to
access a specified database the simple login existance does not provide
database access, but a (database) user must be mapped to the corresponding
login (this is done on the basis of a join between the MyDb..sysusers.sid =
master..syslogins.sid )..
the 2nd phase is about verifying that at each object level (including
database, tables, views, columns, procedures and so on) the Login/User
association is permitted access to... please go on reading at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ar_da_0n77.asp
and following chapters..
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment