Friday 24 February 2012

Conflict resolution for Transactional Replication with Updating Subscribers

Hi.
I'm trying to establish whether Transactional Replication with
Updating Subscribers meets my requirements. I have chosen to use
"publisher wins" for the conflict resolution. (I'm using SqlServer
2005 Developer Edition on Win XP SP2 on both machines)
When I cause a conflict to occur by making an update to rows with the
same PK on both servers, the publisher indicates that there has been a
conflict, and that it chose the publisher as the winner. However, the
losing transaction on the subscriber does not seem to be rolled back
like this article says it should: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151177.aspx.
I'm then left in the state where the two tables are out of sync.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers!
Some extra info...
I forgot to mention earlier that I'm using a push subscription.
I've found that if I choose 'subscriber-wins' instead, then it seems
to work OK, but unfortunately this is not what I require.
'Normal' changes to data on both servers are correctly replicated to
the other server. It's just publisher-wins conflict resolution that
doesn't seem to work. The conflict is detected, but the publisher's
data is not applied to the subscriber (i.e. the subscriber change is
not rolled back).. Any further changes to that row fail to go through
following the conflict.
Any comments appreciated,
Rich.
On 23 Feb, 08:22, ricisb...@.yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm trying to establish whether Transactional Replication with
> Updating Subscribers meets my requirements. I have chosen to use
> "publisher wins" for the conflict resolution. (I'm using SqlServer
> 2005 Developer Edition on Win XP SP2 on both machines)
> When I cause a conflict to occur by making an update to rows with the
> same PK on both servers, the publisher indicates that there has been a
> conflict, and that it chose the publisher as the winner. However, the
> losing transaction on the subscriber does not seem to be rolled back
> like this article says it should:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151177.aspx.
> I'm then left in the state where the two tables are out of sync.
> Any ideas anyone?
> Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment