Friday 24 February 2012

Conflict in equal-to-operation

Hi there,

I am trying to update one table on server A/database A with new records from a server B/database B.

Both databases use the same collation. The key-fields of both table do use the same collation, but not the server.

Help: I was thinking, when both databases and the fields inside the tables do both use the same collation, then there will not upcome any conflict ?

Do I have to adapt the database collation, too ? This would'nt be nice as I am retreiving data from different servers with different server collations...
Anybody else got the same problem ?

Thx in advance

dajmI would imagine as long as the 2 fields have the same collation you would be alright because that would override both the db and server collations.|||I would imagine as long as the 2 fields have the same collation you would be alright because that would override both the db and server collations.

Hmm, I would have imagined the same, but it isn't. I re-created the tables, but get the same error. Collation is on <database default> on both fields and this is exactly the same...
:eek:

dajm

No comments:

Post a Comment