Friday 24 February 2012

Conflict Resolution: Is defining local subscription enough: How to get log of lost record.

Hello All,
I am very much thankful to you all for providing much needed help, and
once again I am at the group with my query. In my replication
implementation in which I have around 100 subscriber I need to decide
what conflict resolution policy should be employed.
We, in our implementation just want that publisher always wins in case
if there is any conflict. Is it enough to create a local subscription
to acheieve this.
Which will ensure that in case of any conflict with the publisher
publisher always wins the conflict.
Also we want that losing party should get log of inforamtion about the
lost record, is there any way to acheive this?
Can you define what you mean by a local subscription?
The best way to alert the user of conflicts is to use the com object
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Database
Replication\WZCNF.DLL
This will display a list of the conflicts. You will then have to poll for
them and send out alerts.
Subscriptions managed by Windows Synchronization Manager using the
interactive resolved will allow the user to manage the conflict when WSM
runs.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Ruchir" <ruchirdhar@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:88216eb7.0501172243.6e17e067@.posting.google.c om...
> Hello All,
> I am very much thankful to you all for providing much needed help, and
> once again I am at the group with my query. In my replication
> implementation in which I have around 100 subscriber I need to decide
> what conflict resolution policy should be employed.
> We, in our implementation just want that publisher always wins in case
> if there is any conflict. Is it enough to create a local subscription
> to acheieve this.
> Which will ensure that in case of any conflict with the publisher
> publisher always wins the conflict.
> Also we want that losing party should get log of inforamtion about the
> lost record, is there any way to acheive this?

No comments:

Post a Comment