Saturday 25 February 2012

Confused about reporting feature

I remember reading something about some sort of new feature on SQL Server
2005 regarding adding reporting capabilities to SQL Sever 2005. I am not
sure what it was but I think it had to do with the SQL Server being able to
process a full report request and return the report all ready to print. I
think it was some sort of server reporting engine.
I also noticed that Visual Studio 2005 comes with a control that allows you
to create reports.
My question is, was I smoking crack when I read all this about SQL 2005 new
reporting capabilities? Also, anybody knows if the reporting control that
comes with Visual Studio 2005 is somewhat connected to SQL Server 005?
ThanksSearch and read about "Reporting Services".
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Rene" <a@.b.c> wrote in message news:uCSIzjQaGHA.508@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I remember reading something about some sort of new feature on SQL Server 2005 regarding adding
>reporting capabilities to SQL Sever 2005. I am not sure what it was but I think it had to do with
>the SQL Server being able to process a full report request and return the report all ready to
>print. I think it was some sort of server reporting engine.
> I also noticed that Visual Studio 2005 comes with a control that allows you to create reports.
> My question is, was I smoking crack when I read all this about SQL 2005 new reporting
> capabilities? Also, anybody knows if the reporting control that comes with Visual Studio 2005 is
> somewhat connected to SQL Server 005?
> Thanks
>
>|||On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 03:13:02 -0500, "Rene" <a@.b.c> wrote:
>I remember reading something about some sort of new feature on SQL Server
>2005 regarding adding reporting capabilities to SQL Sever 2005. I am not
>sure what it was but I think it had to do with the SQL Server being able to
>process a full report request and return the report all ready to print. I
>think it was some sort of server reporting engine.
>I also noticed that Visual Studio 2005 comes with a control that allows you
>to create reports.
>My question is, was I smoking crack when I read all this about SQL 2005 new
>reporting capabilities? Also, anybody knows if the reporting control that
>comes with Visual Studio 2005 is somewhat connected to SQL Server 005?
>Thanks
Hi,
You're referring to SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Most editions
of SQL Server have some RS functionality.
See
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx
for which edtions of SQL Server 2005 have what RS features.
Information about RS is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/technologies/reporting/default.mspx
and in Books Online.
Andrew Watt [MVP]|||Hi,
look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/technologies/reporting/default.mspx
The control is for rendering reports also in your other applications
like Windows Forms, rather than *only* in Web projects.-
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
--
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
--

No comments:

Post a Comment