Friday 24 February 2012

conflict tables

Hi,
I would very much appreciate any help regarding this problem. In short
again, when there are no conflict resolvers, an update of the same row
in the publisher and subscriber creates an entry in the conflict
table. But, when I use say datetime (Later wins) conflict resolver, no
such entry is found in the conflict table. Is there a way, one could
use the resolvers and at the same time have the conflict listings in
the table for the record?
Thanks in advance!
Jane.
jane201315@.yahoo.com (Jane) wrote in message news:<d7f9b5c5.0407071216.29d074d3@.posting.google. com>...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi Hilary,
> I am using a push subscription. So, the conflict tables should be
> populated on the publisher. They do get populated when I do not use
> the default resolvers. But when I do use the resolvers, and say change
> the same value in a row on the publisher and the subscriber, the
> conflict is not recorded but is resolved as per the default resolver,
> in my case the datetime(later wins) resolver.
> Any idea why it does not record this in the conflict tables?
> I appreciate your help!
> Thanks,
> Jane.
> "Hilary Cotter" <hilaryk@.att.net> wrote in message news:<#9aZk6CZEHA.1448@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
do you have a datetime column in this table? You must have one for this to
work.
"Jane" <jane201315@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d7f9b5c5.0407121308.2f5c4d9@.posting.google.co m...
> Hi,
> I would very much appreciate any help regarding this problem. In short
> again, when there are no conflict resolvers, an update of the same row
> in the publisher and subscriber creates an entry in the conflict
> table. But, when I use say datetime (Later wins) conflict resolver, no
> such entry is found in the conflict table. Is there a way, one could
> use the resolvers and at the same time have the conflict listings in
> the table for the record?
> Thanks in advance!
> Jane.
>
> jane201315@.yahoo.com (Jane) wrote in message
news:<d7f9b5c5.0407071216.29d074d3@.posting.google. com>...[vbcol=seagreen]
news:<#9aZk6CZEHA.1448@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...[vbcol=seagreen]
kind of[vbcol=seagreen]
but[vbcol=seagreen]
and[vbcol=seagreen]
of[vbcol=seagreen]
the[vbcol=seagreen]
|||Hi Hilary,
I do have a datetime column, I have set it up as the column to be used
for datetime(Later wins) conflict resolver. It works fine. But without
the resolver I do find conflicts in my conflict table. But with the
resolver set, my conflict table is empty even when the conflicts are
being created.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Jane.
"Hilary Cotter" <hilaryk@.att.net> wrote in message news:<#xRwAXOaEHA.2408@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> do you have a datetime column in this table? You must have one for this to
> work.
> "Jane" <jane201315@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:d7f9b5c5.0407121308.2f5c4d9@.posting.google.co m...
|||"Jane" wrote:

> Hi Hilary,
> I do have a datetime column, I have set it up as the column to be used
> for datetime(Later wins) conflict resolver. It works fine. But without
> the resolver I do find conflicts in my conflict table. But with the
> resolver set, my conflict table is empty even when the conflicts are
> being created.
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
Hi Jane!
Did you ever find any solution to your problem? I have the same situation here. I'm using msde merge pull replication and I cannot find data in the conflict table. However, unlike you, even if I try to remove the conflict resolver (datetime, later wins),
I still can't see the log. Conflict table does exists but it remains empty, no matter what I do.
I would appreciate any help.
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment